From being Furloughed to not wasting a minute.

From being Furloughed to not wasting a minute. Leveraging the time and creating new opportunities. Why not? Sounds selfish maybe, but if you’ve got self-trust then nothing should stop you.

I didn’t just sit there; I knew I had a purpose which was initially a passion I realised I possessed. It wasn’t only about me. I took the time to learn and seek how I help others realise they also have a purpose and ultimately can live a healthier fulfilling life!


I created FixUpMyLife - it’s exactly what it says on the tin and I’m exactly what you’ll get to help you FixUp.


Using my own life experiences and struggles throughout the years I want to give back and share exactly what I did to overcome them and how I became the person I am through simple yet effective strategies and techniques I have used and developed along the way.


Yes, I’ve been through it, divorced, then remarried and became a stepfather to an outstanding stepdaughter, then to be told I had cancer, broke the news to my family which was hard for everyone to take in let alone myself. Only then to be told it’s not cancer, but tuberculosis instead. Luckily it wasn’t in my lungs but in the lymph node on my neck, so a year of medication all the while going through a divorce and still be able to teach my martial arts class to people of all ages was something I had to get through and do. See I didn’t look for sympathy, but the times I was left alone I broke down, I cried I questioned why me, and when is this all going to stop? When will something good start to occur? There were also times when I thought should I still be here and is this fair on the rest of my family? The emotions all came out when I was alone. The turning point came, when one of my students asked me what the patch was on my neck and if I was okay, that students’ mother then called me and asked the same and if there was anything, she could do to help me. Note this parent was also going through a tough time, being a single parent as well as fighting her own health issues. But for her to offer help, was when I began to reflect on the impact, development, and confidence I was able to give to my students.


The TB eventually cleared I withered away but knew there was opportunity to turn things around for myself. I had to stop my class as I was moving to another area. Although I catered for the students and referred them to other classes personally this was something that I felt kept me going and filled that gap needed to keep going. But I knew I had to do this. I moved to another area because I needed a clean start. Something new for me to explore, appreciate and not look back on the past but look forward to the future. See the past is there to reflect and learn on it’s not there to hold you back.  


My life started to get better, we purchased our first home, and decided to add to our family. When you feel and see things going so well, obstacles do come along the way. We had difficulties in getting pregnant went through a number of tests, only to find out that I couldn’t have children of my own. Then distress, anxiety crept in, and I turned to alcohol. This went on for months, and without realising, it started to have a major impact on my family. Knowing you can’t have children was a huge blow, because it was actually something I grew to want, and for some unknown reason it had been taken away from me. Thinking the drinking was normal, I was blind to see the impact it was having on my wife. She’s been the support throughout, but the selfishness needed to stop. She told me to go and seek help and pretty much gave me an ultimatum. 


I had to save my family and life went through therapy which guided me to research on tools and techniques that can be used outside of therapy. Taking the time and applying these to my own experiences I was able to develop personally, realising the passion to help and the purpose I have to support others to develop and grow just like I did. I became a health and well-being coach on a mission to change the world and help people live a healthier more fulfilling life. I still do this till this day and love it.


Everything around me was finally working out, the sky was clear, no cloud in sight. We decided to go through a round of IVF/ICSI. It was an option we had discussed, and it felt like the right time for us both. Unfortunately, the first round was unsuccessful, but we had window of opportunity to take and plan in the second round as time was not on our side. We got further than the first round and felt optimistic about it all, until the day of the results, we where unsuccessful again. We both needed a break; I didn’t want my wife to go through this again as much as I wanted to make a go of having my own child my priority was my wife. We discussed other options but decided to put things on hold.


Then my wife fell seriously ill, it all started with not feeling well going back and forth with doctor’s appointment. Then one evening she got out of bed, and on her return, she collapsed right in front of me. I called the emergency services which followed me giving CPR. Yes CPR, she had no clue when she came back, I could have lost my best friend. As days and weeks went by, she came home not knowing what impact this will have on our lives. Decisions had to be made while in hospital that changed pretty much everything for us. We came to terms that having a biological child of our own would not happen, and I did not want to put her through this especially when given medical advice not to. While this had all been happening my priority was my wife and stepdaughter, adjustments had to be made for us all. See having gone through serious medical and health issues myself, I was able to relate to my wife, however the skills and knowledge I was developing helped me put things into perspective a lot sooner. Everything I was learning I put into use, from understanding the importance of self-care, to developing a support system and how to continue and grow because that shouldn’t stop. 


Just so you know she’s fine and now better than before. You’d never have guessed if you saw her what she went through.


As the saying goes ‘life goes on’, well this is true. Which is why being a health and well-being coach wasn’t enough. Realising there is more to give, I’ve added a whole new life aspect to this. Understanding the importance of setting goals, coming to terms with the reality and where we are now. Obstacles are there, but they all have options which we can overcome. Have the willingness and desire to reach the goals and make the change requires consistency and accountability. 


What I’ve learnt through it all is how important it is to give back, support, relate and help others, which is why I want to share and teach how to overcome these problems and show people that there is always hope.


FixUpMyLife, will help to seek, achieve and transform your life just like I did. Together we will maintain consistency, hold each other accountable working through a structured model ensuring each session is about you, and turn that visualisation into a reality.


So, if you’re someone struggling to finding your purpose, eliminate the fear of change, develop the self-trust, empower your beliefs, grow in confidence, adapt to changes in life, set those goals to lead a fulfilling life or just need require guidance then I am offering a Connect 30 session Free for us to get to know each other and then move forward for me to coach you get there.


All sessions will be/include:

  • Confidential
  • Virtual one to one (or in couples and groups depending on the client)
  • Getting to know each other
  • My approach
  • My structure
  • Is this right for you


Send me a direct message to book in your Free session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You’re the one who gets to control your emotions, so they don’t control you.

Don't Let The Visions Of Optimum Keep You From Getting Started!

Remember that feeling when you were a kid?